801 N Xanthus Tulsa Oklahoma 74110-4949
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Associate Engineer is responsible for the structural analysis and design of products to be quoted and fabricated by our manufacturing facilities. In this individual contributor role, the incumbent is responsible for completing engineering designs to meet project requirements as defined by customers. The incumbent works on the Engineering Team who has responsibility for the design of product for quotation requests and orders. In addition, the incumbent plans, and monitors workflow of design activities to meet milestone dates for projects assigned. The Associate Engineer will consult with senior engineers on the team to ensure that customer specifications are met, and designs are feasible and efficient for manufacturing. The incumbent will work with the Valmont Utility Engineering team to design product lines that may include structures that support electrical power transmission lines, substation structures, and distribution structures. The incumbent will be responsible for structural analysis and design of standard products to be quoted and fabricated by the Valmont Utility Division, Steel Group. Included in this is design responsibility for processing quotations and orders and general design engineering support for drafting and sales.
- Reports to Site Engineering Supervisor/Manager
- Domestic travel may be required up to 10%
- Must be able to work in the office 5 days per week
- Perform routine engineering work requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related design tasks
- Analyze and design structures by Finite Element Method and other structural design software to appropriate codes taking into consideration public safety, manufacturability, and minimum cost balancing competitiveness and profitability
- Interpret customer specifications, customer needs, and market/sales needs
- Communicate engineering data to customers both internal and external
- Build and foster internal relationships and communications that promote a professional attitude towards the work and the office environment
- Assisting with pricing and quoting information as it relates to engineering
- Applying knowledge from design codes to improve internal processes and identifying advancements in the design codes
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Reviews and interprets project plans, specifications, and customer requirements and designs the most efficient and economical structure to meet those requirements, while adhering to the applicable Valmont design standards and national design standards
- Independently able to perform the analysis and design of standard products, with occasional assistance of senior level engineers
- During training, work will be reviewed by project, senior engineers, or supervisor
- Assists internal personnel (i.e., drafters, project administrators, etc.) in the review and interpretation of any design work generated either manually or with a computer design program
- Limited customer contact by telephone, written communication, and occasional personal visits
- Occasionally works with manufacturing personnel to ensure that any product designed can be manufactured efficiently
- Coordinates daily activities with team members to ensure the most efficient use of time, and flow of work activities through the work team
- Possess an innate curiosity to improve processes and procedures that will improve the Design team
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelor's Degree with 3+ years relevant experience in Civil Engineering, Structural Emphasis, or other related field of study
- Successful completion of Engineer-in-Training Certificate
- Strong technical competence in structural engineering
- Demonstrated strengths in interpersonal skills, including the ability to adapt and professionally communicate with a variety of people
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Products, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- The ability to solve complex problems with high attention to detail and work in a fast-paced environment subject to specific deadlines
Valmont offers employees and their families a comprehensive Total Well-being benefit package to ensure their individual and family's overall wellness needs are met.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement plans
- Dependent care
- Employee assistance programs
- Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes reversal, mortgage services, home & auto insurance, health coaching and more.
*Due to the nature of Valmont's Global Business and Union contracts, not all benefits are the same.
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- CAD skills
- Knowledge or understanding of computer programming
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner and be an integral part of a team environment
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. There may be limited exposure to a manufacturing environment or outside weather conditions. When visiting a manufacturing area, the incumbent will be required to wear all mandatory personal protective equipment. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Domestic travel, including overnights, may be required up to 10%. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.