We Have a Career for You!
WoodmenLife is a different kind of life insurance company: we're not-for-profit, and we exist to benefit our members through every stage of life. We are committed to family, community, and country, and our associates can participate in a variety of fun, social, and volunteer activities. WoodmenLife offers insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and 529 College Savings Plans.
WoodmenLife embraces diversity and works hard to provide a quality, team-oriented work environment. Dedicated to excellence, we offer a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth, in an effort to realize the full creative potential of all associates.
Explore all that WoodmenLife has to offer at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
Project Manager II or III*
*Position will be filled at level commensurate with experience.
WoodmenLife is Looking for Two Senior-Level Project Managers to Join Our Team!
We are currently searching for two superior Senior Project Managers with 6 years or more of experience, to lead projects for our organization! WoodmenLife is one of the best places to work in Omaha and has been in business for 130 years. As a member of the WoodmenLife family, you’re joining others who share your commitment to family, community and country. Through WoodmenLife, you’ll have opportunities to connect with others, give back locally, and honor those who make an impact. As a not-for-profit life insurance company, we’ve been helping to protect the financial future of families, making a difference in hometowns across America since 1890. We are passionate about our members, servicing others, being open minded, providing an environment of inclusion and collaborative spirit. We also provide world class benefits to our associates. Is this the type of company you could work for?
What we are looking for:
- 6 + years of experience leading large scale projects over $1 million.
- BA/BS in Business Administration/Information Systems or related field is strongly preferred.
- Must have experience with managing third party vendors and relationship to ensure contract expectations are being met on-time, and on budget.
- The ability to provide seamless, trustworthy, attentive and resourceful (S.T.A.R.) customer service.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in the use of project management methodologies and tools, vendor management practices and change management techniques.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess technical and business-related knowledge with the ability to thoughtfully lead discussions, provide guidance and influence direction with both technical and business related groups.
- Ability to effectively lead teams, facilitate and make timely decisions while maintaining/improving morale.
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lead multiple projects of moderate to high complexity.
- Strong planning, organization and negotiation skills.
- Ability to apply financial forecasting skills to project management methodology.
- Successful completion of PMP certification is required.
Why would you enjoy working as a Project Manager on our team?
This Project Manager team is one of the best when it comes to making a difference for our associates. We need our Project Managers to be able to think long-term, communicate with all levels of the organization, be a strategic thinker and a change agent. WoodmenLife is a learning organization and will provide you with the opportunity to work in a challenging environment to grow your skills.
If you consider yourself to be a top performer with the desire to make a difference every day, this would be a great fit for you. This team and organization is extremely close knit, it's really a family. Does this sound like your type of position?
If WoodmenLife is the type of company you are looking for and this position is one that you could see yourself doing long-term, please apply on-line and see if it's the right fit for you.
WoodmenLife offers a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package. As part of WoodmenLife’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a criminal background check, credit check (where required for position), fingerprint check (where required for position), drug screen and reference checks. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing the above.
WoodmenLife is committed to excellence in diversity by creating an inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We welcome and embrace associates, regardless of background and beliefs. WoodmenLife respects every associate’s unique perspective and contribution. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that values differences, and creates opportunities for growth, leadership and service. This commitment includes providing equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and promotion, training and community outreach. WoodmenLife is also dedicated to strengthening the communities in which its employees live.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD ADVISE THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NEEDED.
What's in Your Future
WoodmenLife is big enough to have exciting and challenging business opportunities, yet you'll never be just another face in the crowd. Find out for yourself at thisiswoodmenlife.com.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Achievement Awards
- Adoption Assistance
- Bonus Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Cafeteria / Food
- Continuing Education Program
- Credit Union
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Fitness Classes
- Flexible Hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Legal
- Hair Stylist
- Health Fair
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Holiday Party
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Merit Increases
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Remote Access
- Short-Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities