Deerfield in seeking a Full TIme Business Office Manager - this position comes with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
The Business Office Manager is responsible for overseeing and performing all of the business office functions in accordance with established procedures and methods and as directed by the Administrator. This person will also supervise the Accounts Receivable Specialist. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Accounting, preferred.
- Equivalent years of experience may substitute for education requirement.
- Experience with Medicare reimbursement rules and systems.
- Previous experience in long-term care accounting, preferred.
- Previous experience with Point Click Care, preferred.
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience requirement.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-Jessica Petersen
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Knowledgeable in various computer programs and software including Microsoft Office.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of utilization management processes, clinical documentation requirements, current standards of care, coding and compliance guidelines, and knowledge of Resource Utilization Groups (RUGs and third party payment regulations.
- Cooperates and works together with all co-workers, plan and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate judgment.
- Uses tactful and appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations.
- Follows up as appropriate with supervisor, co-workers or residents regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
- Promotes positive public relations with residents family members and quests
- Completes requirement for in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress codes including personal hygiene and other work duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid guidelines.
- Strong knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and professional standards
- Skills in effective and appropriate written/verbal communication.
- Ability to organize and effectively use time, resources, and talents.
- Ability to exhibit high standard of ethics, accountability and responsibility.
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrate personal traits of high level of motivation.
- Self directed in evaluation progression toward professional goals and accepts ongoing responsibility for own role development.
- Ability to place a high value on treating others with dignity and respect.