Unique Career Opportunity!
- You will work in an exceptionally clean facility with easy and safe-to-use high tech machinery. We are extremely proud that all three of our production plants have received the prestigious Star Safety Award through the OSHA Voluntary Protection Program. This award is highly regarded and sets us apart in the Omaha Area.
- You will get advanced training that will help you learn a skilled trade and develop into an expert to help you succeed in this position and prepare you for future growth opportunities at Omaha Steaks.
- You will have the opportunity to be part of an experienced team. You will work side-by-side with many employees who have been here for 10 years or much longer!
Great Place to Work!
- Love what you do. Omaha Steaks employees work every day to deliver experiences that bring families and friends together, across the country. We're proud to sell world-famous steaks and a menu of outstanding, wholesome products. The work is worthy of our name and the exceptional customer experience makes a lasting impression.
- Big brand, small company. Your work will help define the future of an American heritage brand and household name. Omaha Steaks reach is broad and impact is huge; our team is small, adventurous, and entrepreneurial. If you're energized by making things happen, this is the place for you.
- It's all in the family. We're a fifth-generation family-owned business, and they're not peering down from boardroom windows-the owners and leadership team actually run the business every day. You'll find genuine relationships with every employee, with a family focus on safety, health care, educational assistance, and wellness.
Essential Job Duties:
- Hoses down all Plant equipment, floors and walls using cold-water rinse. Applies chemicals for cleaning, degreasing and sanitizing using sprayers and hoses.
- Applies a hot water wash down for sterilization (temperature 160 degrees F). Shovels and sweeps up waste from daily production of meat products.
- Gathers trash in carts and transports to trash compactor for disposal.
- Cleans drains and sewers in Plant area by sweeping floors and transporting debris to trash area. Covers sensitive equipment with plastic for protection.
- Handles equipment and chemicals according to government, MSDS and Company safety standards.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be 18 years old.
- Ability to use broom, hose and chemical sprayers in a safe manner.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Ability to use a variety of cleaning compounds and comply with MSDS requirements.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Compensation is based on experience.
Days and Hours:This is a full-time night position.
- Monday through Friday, 9:30pm until 6:00am AND
- Every other Monday 3:30am until 7:15am
- SOMETIMES Saturday, 4:30pm until Midnight when there is OVERTIME
- Military Veterans and their spouses are encouraged to apply.